November 16th, 2009

Agreement with Mayo Clinic helped sisters keep motherhouse

By Kelley Luckstein

It was just four years ago that a remarkable, noisy scene unfolded in a residential hallway at Assisi Heights in Rochester.

 

Wearing hard hats over gray hair, members of the Sisters of Saint Francis stood side by side with Mayo Clinic officials and, with smiles on their faces, took turns bashing holes in a wall with a hammer.

 

The event marked the start of the most extensive renovations at Assisi Heights since the sisters' motherhouse opened in 1955.

 

Post-Bulletin, By Matt Russell, 11/16/09

Tags: Assisi Heights, Mayo Clinic Rochester, Sisters of St. Francis

Contact Us · Privacy Policy